• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Fall - End of 2019 Whamby

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could bring those back in high resolution too and they would look absolutely fine. Maybe bubble em' out a little bit to go with modern standards of course. Use some white gradients for highlights etc.
Why don't we (you) add some to the "smiles" option? Would be fab ... :D

Very nice! Had zoysia at my old house and loved it. If it didn't cost so much it would be my go to

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think another pallet would finish my backyard. Looks great though. Any recommendations on when to lay lime and how often to water?
2297EA06-57D6-462D-AA92-A44321D79B1B.jpeg

I think another pallet would finish my backyard. Looks great though. Any recommendations on when to lay lime and how often to water?
View attachment 25602

You would need to get the soil tested first. You can send it to Clemson or UGA. They come back within a week or so with levels and recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so you guys don’t think I’m yuppified, the Zoysia was left over from my great aunt’s landscaping project ? We usually rock the red mud around here lol

View attachment 25602
Do you have a lot of clay? I wouldn't lime unless you do since the clay binds up your nutrients and prevents it from being accessible by the roots.

Your bigger fight with fall sodding is going to be water and cold. Since you are about to lose the green leaves the water need is going to drop significantly so you don't want to drown the roots but you need to keep enough water on it so it doesn't dry out and you keep what little bit of root activity there is in winter going.

Now for the cold, how much sun does the area get? My biggest concern if I were you would be either a short duration intense cold period or a long duration period of highs around 40 and lows in the 10s/20s. If that happens and you start to freeze the sod into the top layer or soil it's going to cause major damage. You might want to look at getting something to cover it with in the event it gets that cold.

Chances are though you can get a decent spring green up without a lot of effort since our winters just aren't that brutal. If you want it to come back as sod quality right away you might have to put in a little extra effort.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

0ad7762d8eb4549d80e68653410e540b.jpg

It’s happening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Rain Cold breaks out the MS paint products, it’s game over!
We need a GIF post of the indices, to really kick start winter!☃️?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back