• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Failbruary Thread

We still have a week of 70s ahead of us associated with a SER, other then a wedge day on Thursday, and this month looks to be AN
if the front speeds up even slightly most of us in the piedmont would stay below 70 Thursday and Friday but overall quite an impressive warm week ahead of us for February standards!

18z Gfs still says hell no! Boundary layer up in flames! But keeps the significant cold shot after. Skill scores still make me want to treat the Gfs like a child and I’ll toss due to Southern WX rules regarding 18z

It is no wonder why the Feb and March threads have been so quiet for 5 hours: the 0Z GEFS, Euro, EPS, CMC, and GEPS all are significantly warmer/less cold and much less wintry vs 12Z for days 6+. Hopefully they'll switch back by 12Z today but not holding my breath.

Example: Remember those GFS and Euro runs giving a freeze well down into FL 3/1? Gone and no longer even close.

Back