• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

1677477600-ZAk6M316WTY.png

CAD for days incoming.
Not for days but I could see the occasional CAD ruin good strings of 80 degree days. We’re running through warm phases of MJO in a nino February with a string -PNA .. we’re not going to escape impressive warmth. Legit days that could make you sweat. But I agree if we continue to see 50/50 lows popping up along with more -NAO influence we will sprinkle in some cold CAD days .. we’re still going to run ridiculously above normal for a couple weeks. I do think this relentless warm pattern will still break down come early march into mid march as we move away from the warm phases of MJO and introduce a more dominant -NAO .. when does that happen will dictate how long this warmth lasts. One thing is for sure.. the warm air is going to be impressive and stout

Not for days but I could see the occasional CAD ruin good strings of 80 degree days. We’re running through warm phases of MJO in a nino February with a string -PNA .. we’re not going to escape impressive warmth. Legit days that could make you sweat. But I agree if we continue to see 50/50 lows popping up along with more -NAO influence we will sprinkle in some cold CAD days .. we’re still going to run ridiculously above normal for a couple weeks. I do think this relentless warm pattern will still break down come early march into mid march as we move away from the warm phases of MJO and introduce a more dominant -NAO .. when does that happen will dictate how long this warmth lasts. One thing is for sure.. the warm air is going to be impressive and stout
This is beyond the warm up. The warm up is centered around next week. This is beyond that.

We are definitely going to blow up high temp records and maybe even high/low temp records next week! Highs in the low to mid 80's in Atlanta with 62 degree dewpoints. I have to say, it sucks that we have to have summer in winter. We have summer for freaking 9 months out of the year, can't we just have our extended fall weather for 3 months? Summer needs to stay out of our winter!

We are definitely going to blow up high temp records and maybe even high/low temp records next week! Highs in the low to mid 80's in Atlanta with 62 degree dewpoints. I have to say, it sucks that we have to have summer in winter. We have summer for freaking 9 months out of the year, can't we just have our extended fall weather for 3 months? Summer needs to stay out of our winter!

Unfortunately that’s just how the southeast rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This run of the GFS blasts the heater next week and then shows a tug of war between the ugly pacific and -NAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! parts of northeast alabama must have actually somehow had negative amounts of snow? Huntsville only averages 2.4 inches of snow per year and already they are at a deficit of 6 to 12 inches
This is over the span of a little over 3 years from October 2019 to February 2023.

Back