• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

This is over the span of a little over 3 years from October 2019 to February 2023.
I can't speak for the whole nation, but the map is not correct for alabama and Mississippi. Not even multiplied by 4
1676606364245-png.133331

Last edited:
Based on what? Looks appropriate to me for N AL, based on snow amounts and averages. This period covers four winters.
the Huntsville area got 2 snows over 3 inches in the last couple of winters they only average A LITTLE OVER 2 INCHES PER YEAR,HOW CAN THEY HAVE A 12 TO 24 INCH DEF.? and sw Miss averages less than 1 inch per year. the most they could be short would be 3 inches.?

Last edited:
Next week looks 20-30 degrees above average; there could be many records falling, especially daily lows! Absolutely disgusting for this time of year, though I know many of you like it. GFS (lol) at least showing a general return to more seasonable temps starting Feb 28th for many at least; ready for that!

gfs_T2m_us_46.png

gfs_T2m_us_50.png

Some cold in Canada still, would be nice to be able to tap into that.

gfs_T2m_us_53.png

gfs_T2m_us_58.png

the Huntsville area got 2 snows over 3 inches in the last couple of winters they only average A LITTLE OVER 2 INCHES PER YEAR,HOW CAN THEY HAVE A 12 TO 24 INCH DEF.? and sw Miss averages less than 1 inch per year. the most they could be short would be 3 inches.?

Huntsville will likely be right at the average as we approach the end of winter according to the NWS

Areas south of Huntsville are all below average but by no more than a few inches

Total snowfall.PNG

If you look closely at the map,it shows Huntsville near normal. Which is correct.

Also, the max deficit shown in Alabama is 6-12, not 12-24, so that's definitely reasonable for NE AL, which has missed out on several the events I've had at my house.

Better hope no more frost or freeze. Our avg last freeze is April 20. No peaches,strawberries this year,barring a miracle.
Better yet, stop hoping for these out of season heat waves that bring everything out early when we know there will be more freezes later. Just enjoy the chances for cool/cold weather when we have them, the heat will come later regardless.

I know, I know... what we hope for has no bearing but still...

Back