• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

Late Feb looks like ---- now but you can see the -NAO getting started on the EPS. ------ cold drizzle March inbound
Exactly. Well said. Our winter will be just getting started for the 4th spring in a row. That's been the trend the last 4 springs and I don't see it being in different again this year. Going to hurt a lot of feelings but hey I'm just wishcasting when I post my opinion.

Exactly. Well said. Our winter will be just getting started for the 4th spring in a row. That's been the trend the last 4 springs and I don't see it being in different again this year. Going to hurt a lot of feelings but hey I'm just wishcasting when I post my opinion.
It seems like it’s been going on a lot longer than the last 4 years.

I think we are springing by 4/15 but March is looking like dookie stew. Maybe we luck into snow bc it doesn't snow here anymore

Doesn't that mean MORE amped systems with a more active STJ?
Yes. And the Pacific is usually more favorable as less Aleutian ridging therefore less Southeast ridging so a better storm track to go along with it. Our source regions are warmer so that can make cold an issue. But when is it not in the south?

Yes. And the Pacific is usually more favorable as less Aleutian ridging therefore less Southeast ridging so a better storm track to go along with it. Our source regions are warmer so that can make cold an issue. But when is it not in the south?
and typically you see the coldest anamolies over the southeast

Despite several mega frost earlier this week.check your bradford pears. Month
early fixing to bust out after just 2 warm days of 60 degree temps

Back