• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

Who has the good maps @Myfrotho704_ @BullCityWx @KyloG thanks

500h_anom-mean.conus.png

I think from what I'm seeing on the free maps, the EPS was much improved and showing support of a ULL system.... let's go!
That's the big takeaway right now. That the euro trended towards the cutoff like the gfs had. Get some agreement on that then we start to worry about the details

100 miles further south with the 850 low would work wonders for the I-40 crew. Any guesses to why the models have trended southwest over the past 24hrs and if there's room for the improvement to continue?
Weaker northern stream wave slower southern. Ridge in the west that's building in behind it thumbs over top then fully builds in and the wave gets trapped and closes. I think the 12z ICON is probably the farthest SW you could get this. The miss connection across the plains is really what we are looking at. More interaction=north less we could limp it a few more miles south vs say the euro

ROA looks legit...I'm moving here

View attachment 132334
No need. I just started a thread for this threat. I'm sure that will kill it off quickly. Post away everyone!

Back