• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

ROA looks legit...I'm moving here

View attachment 132334
Gotta say I’m definitely feeling good about this. Although I’m worried about the system tracking too far south for me. Even though I much rather have the NC guys score.

And yet someone in the south or mid Atlantic could see a winter storm in this time period. That’s why we track the “little barely anything” cold shots that come through
This type of pattern can be nearly as good as really cold patterns where you track "barely anything" storm chances in between long cold/dry spells with no chance of a storm.

At least with this pattern when we get a cold front push through it may lay a decent boundary just to our south instead of blasting through Southern Florida and sending the high pressure towards the gulf.

12z GFS full of all sorts of good news from this weekend out through last week of Feb:

prateptype_cat-imp.conus.png

Man imagine if we can shift that SE Canada cortex farther SE, it’s still to far for any notable CAD, but continue to slow it and this system will become more interesting on the front end. but at the same time
It’s slowing down the flow which can hurt
1AFB58DB-42F0-4EF2-A378-B96DD67DFD2C.gif

Another long range torch period that trends to another weekend significant cold shot. Like I said a few days ago the roller coaster continues in this pattern. This has a good chance at holding our next period to watch for some sort of winter weather chance. It will certainly have much more cold air to deal with than we have right now 1675899405190.gif

Back