• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

Fwiw the Euro has some snow about 7 days out for Western NC. The system hits during the middle of the day, I imagine if the timing was a little different and we can get the upper levels to cool some this could be a nice storm for a good chunk of NC. Something worth watching.

Euro 2.jpg

cef707bf46584e1eb48270294775ac64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took much of the day, but the sun came out at 4pm and the temp is now 73*F.

It's fairly humid too, with a dewpoint of 67*F

Currently 73*F here with a W/SW wind, a dewpoint of 68*F and overcast skies

Back door cold front is nearby though. Areas just to the NE are seeing a stiff NE wind and fog with temps barely eclipsing 60*F.

Greensboro: 46 with Rain currently

So far for February Greensboro is 4 degrees above normal. We ended up Dec a +1.2 and Jan about the same a 1.3ish. So however you slice it we will end up D,J,F met winter 2018/2019 about 2.5 above normal.

Snowfall climo will end up+150%.

Currently 73*F here with a W/SW wind, a dewpoint of 68*F and overcast skies

Back door cold front is nearby though. Areas just to the NE are seeing a stiff NE wind and fog with temps barely eclipsing 60*F.

77*F now. Clouds are breaking up.

I think we do have a very slight possibility at a storm at 192 but it has to phase just right which most likely won’t happen but something to watch in the coming days for a “pop-up” storm. Then we have our 3-4 system and another possible 5-8 system... I think we have plenty of storm chances to track and remember each storm effects the other so u til we get correct info for the first we won’t know anything about the others

I think we do have a very slight possibility at a storm at 192 but it has to phase just right which most likely won’t happen but something to watch in the coming days for a “pop-up” storm. Then we have our 3-4 system and another possible 5-8 system... I think we have plenty of storm chances to track and remember each storm effects the other so u til we get correct info for the first we won’t know anything about the others
My goodness. Snow will be piling up. Snow on top of snow perhaps?

Temps look really strange in GA today. 64 in ATL, 80 in Newnan, and 59 in Carrollton. If it is a wedge, how is ATL warmer than Carrollton ? Carrollton is always warmer than ATL during wedges since its so far west and Carrollton is usually warmer than Newnan since Newnan is further east, even though its 21 degrees warmer in Newnan right now. Or maybe its not a wedge?

Temps look really strange in GA today. 64 in ATL, 80 in Newnan, and 59 in Carrollton. If it is a wedge, how is ATL warmer than Carrollton ? Carrollton is always warmer than ATL during wedges since its so far west and Carrollton is usually warmer than Newnan since Newnan is further east, even though its 21 degrees warmer in Newnan right now.

FWIW, Atlanta Falcon field (Peachtree City) is at 79*F and Lagrange is also at 80*F, in case you were wondering if the ASOS is out of whack.

Carrollton is higher up in elevation than Newnan, so that could be a factor.

I was in Stockbridge around lunch time and it was 71( truck reading). had to drive to Buford . My temp went from 71 to 50. It was pretty cool to feel the wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back