• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

No mention of this on here but I see NWS talking 20-30 mph gust up this way Sunday and the Euro is actually showing some 40-50 mph gust possible. Some soundings are showing 50+ winds just off the surface so I guess it wouldn't take much mixing to transfer some of that to the surface..... normally not a big issue but dang it's so wet you can almost push trees over by hand so if these gust are realized could be some minor issues I would think.

No mention of this on here but I see NWS talking 20-30 mph gust up this way Sunday and the Euro is actually showing some 40-50 mph gust possible. Some soundings are showing 50+ winds just off the surface so I guess it wouldn't take much mixing to transfer some of that to the surface..... normally not a big issue but dang it's so wet you can almost push trees over by hand so if these gust are realized could be some minor issues I would think.
I was just about to post this, seems like a couple stout wind gusts and this soggy ground may cause some problems. The Euro looks slightly aggressive for Sunday....

I have some fantastic news during this otherwise gloomy time wxwise: it now looks like KATL will NOT have its warmest El Niño DJF (assuming it is retroactively considered El Niño per ONI requirements)! It looks like it will fall just shy of 2015-6’s 49.5 and be near 49.2 though that’s significantly warmer than the next warmest. A little good news to brighten our day never hurts.

From Hogansville to Newnan, the temp dropped from 81*F to 64*F on the car thermometer.

Sun's still out for now, but you can see the low clouds lurking just to the north and east.

Well the majority of the rain looks to be over, I finished a little over 5”. Pretty respectable, but not biblical. That’s since Sunday

Since moving here in 2017, we've been 2 for 2 as far as birthdays with temps in the 80s.

Pretty darn impressive.

90º now unofficially; another record high yesterday; 90º should be a record today if it's later deemed official ... POOP ... :mad:

90º now unofficially; another record high yesterday; 90º should be a record today if it's later deemed official ... POOP ... :mad:

I want to extend a congrats to Phil, who has THE bragging rights of the day as GNV had THE warmest DJF temp on record beating the previous warmest of 89 and also obliterating today's old record high of a "mere" 87! Go out and celebrate by having some beer! The prior earliest 91 was not til 3 weeks later, 3/16 (in 1942)!!What's more is that this is the EIGHTH new daily record record high of the month! Two of those were at 89, which at the time had established new record highs for the entire month, too, as the record hottest for Feb had been 88 before this year. These are such amazing stats that one has to wonder about what's going on globally that may have contributed to this. Regardless, -PNA/SER/warm Atlantic ftw! This month's thread title should be switched to "Amazing Feb" because what has happened this month has been truly amazing in so many aspects. Not necessarily amazing in a likeable way, but rather in a hard to believe way.

Meanwhile, I've been socked into a drizzly wedgey day with near 60, which is actually slightly cooler than average for the afternoon.

Last edited:
I want to extend a congrats to Phil, who has THE bragging rights of the day as GNV had THE warmest DJF temp on record beating the previous warmest of 89 and also obliterating today's old record high of a "mere" 87! Go out and celebrate by having some beer! The prior earliest 91 was not til 3 weeks later, 3/16 (in 1942).!!What's more is that this is the EIGHTH new daily record record high of the month! Two of those were at 89, which at the time had established new record highs for the entire month, too, as the record hottest for Feb had been 88 before this year. These are such amazing stats that one has to wonder about what's going on globally that may have contributed to this. Regardless, -PNA/SER/warm Atlantic ftw!
What's going on is that I've been consumed with work, hot under the collar (as some may have discerned), and the whole Hogtown environment is suffering from the heat I'm exuding ...
There, I take full blame for it ... LOL
BTW ... these are records that are not, not, not worth celebrating ... :cool:

I want to extend a congrats to Phil, who has THE bragging rights of the day as GNV had THE warmest DJF temp on record beating the previous warmest of 89 and also obliterating today's old record high of a "mere" 87! Go out and celebrate by having some beer! The prior earliest 91 was not til 3 weeks later, 3/16 (in 1942.!!What's more is that this is the EIGHTH new daily record record high of the month! Two of those were at 89, which at the time had established new record highs for the entire month, too, as the record hottest for Feb had been 88 before this year. These are such amazing stats that one has to wonder about what's going on globally that may have contributed to this. Regardless, -PNA/SER/warm Atlantic ftw! This month's thread title should be switched to "Amazing Feb" because what has happened this month has ben truly amazing in so many aspects. Not necessarily amazing in a likeable way, but rather in a hard to believe way.

Meanwhile, I've been socked into a drizzly wedgey day with near 60, which is actually slightly cooler than average for the afternoon.
Larry (and anyone else) ...
Save this post for comparison ... next year this time we'll be amazed at the snow that's been on the ground here for 5 days ... :eek:

Im with you Brick. Gonna be some power outages tommorow across Carolinas. Should get one last heavy push of rain during morning, church hours,then the wind will be thumping 40+ gust easily.

Ugh. This wedge is stubborn. Made it to mid 40s, wind is getting up,but still fog low ceilings. Anxiously awaiting sunshine, only 6 hrs daylight left. Of course itll be postcard perfect as we head back to work tommorow.

Ugh. This wedge is stubborn. Made it to mid 40s, wind is getting up,but still fog low ceilings. Anxiously awaiting sunshine, only 6 hrs daylight left. Of course itll be postcard perfect as we head back to work tommorow.
There is nothing more stubborn than a wedge

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back