• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

I love scrolling through the Canadian when colder air is forecasted off in the distance. It really likes to overdo it but man is it fun to look at #NerdConfessions687F3301-9ECD-4979-8738-9E1F87ED9A58.jpeg

To further show the Euro output was much different than what the GFS was, here:

GFS:
View attachment 34215

EURO:
View attachment 34216
I mean honestly they are generally the same other than the euro taking over with that secondary wave and a little more snow for others in the south in that same shaped stripe .. general area of snow is the same

The 00z GEFS is an increase in moisture, a lot more, but warmer. Hence the snow maps. #rain

EDIT: Let me look closer, maybe that's not whats going on, irt surface temps.

Edit: The dupage maps are a bit anemic. The wxbell maps show more coverage on the mean. It's actually a notch cooler in areas at the surface vs 18z.

Last edited:
I mean honestly they are generally the same other than the euro taking over with that secondary wave and a little more snow for others in the south in that same shaped stripe .. general area of snow is the same

The GFS has virtually no snow in AL, GA, MS, except favored zones. (like NE GA)

True but the GFS moved toward a solution like the EURO and Canadian. I think areas S Of 85 in the Upstate and the Northern Midlands are in play now. All three globals have shown a wintry threat for Georgia South Carolina and North Carolina, now. This is a first under day 7 this winter, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but the GFS moved toward a solution like the EURO and Canadian. I think areas S Of 85 in the Upstate and the Northern Midlands are in play now. All three globals have shown a wintry threat for Georgia South Carolina and North Carolina, now. This is a first under day 7 this winter, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 00z Euro will be coming soon, but overall, it's one of the better ensemble looks we have had on a reliable model for multiple runs in a while.

I love scrolling through the Canadian when colder air is forecasted off in the distance. It really likes to overdo it but man is it fun to look at #NerdConfessionsView attachment 34214
Gotta love the -8 a hundred miles off in the Gulf. LMAO. RDU blows through their all time record low by over 10 degrees. Tallahassee sets the Florida all time record low by 7 degrees. modernweenie

GEFS is a herd of sheep and is extremely underdispersive (wildly flips run-run) & isn't exactly reliable even inside the medium range, I'd rather have EPS than GEFS support.

Has the GEFS even been upgraded to the new setup yet?

Lets try this again after my error regarding the 12Z Euro thinking it was going to be drier. The 0Z looks that way to me again because H5 is closer to W, which is drier. So, I expect less precip.

1581661716340.png

Back