• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

At this point the models showing cold have mostly been flat out wrong and we have had no sustained cold temps. In my experience years like this the pattern stays relatively the same. The same can be said in years where we get repeating small snows. Indont suspect any major changes this year in my own unscientific yet experienced based outlook.

Bring on spring.

I like your post except for the "bring on spring" part. We've already mainly been in spring. I'm ready for winter to start. ;)

Whereas the 12Z GFS actually had some onset ZR in part of the WNC CAD region (map posted earlier), the 18Z doesn't as it has a weaker parent high whose wedge breaks down faster allowing for quicker warming and much less qpf. I'll still keep following for now.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_38.png
let's try this again. Few runs now from the gfs with this look

At this point the models showing cold have mostly been flat out wrong and we have had no sustained cold temps. In my experience years like this the pattern stays relatively the same. The same can be said in years where we get repeating small snows. Indont suspect any major changes this year in my own unscientific yet experienced based outlook.

Bring on spring.

The cold March and April is going to make us wish for spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing wrong with a +NAO. There have been a good number of major (and even historic) SE winter storms during a +NAO. That includes the one from Saturday, which also occurred during a very strong +AO and a phase 5 MJO.

Now if were to not have a return of a+PNA, that would be a horse of a different color.

There's nothing wrong with a +NAO. There have been a good number of major (and even historic) SE winter storms during a +NAO. That includes the one from Saturday, which also occurred during a very strong +AO and a phase 5 MJO.

Now if were to not have a return of a+PNA, that would be a horse of a different color.
This was for reference only not really suggestive one way or the other. I also believe that as long as the cold shots keep coming we might just get one perfectly timed before we run out of time.

Back