• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

Another rainy day today as the rain train continues. Already have picked up 2.18 inches of rain here and it’s still coming down.

To show some perspective on how wet it has been to start this year, here are some of my rainfall stats

Today was:
The 7th day of the year with an inch of rain or more.
The 4th day of the year with 2+ inches of rain.

January total rainfall: 9.98 inches
February total rainfall: 9.64 inches (so far)
Yearly total: 19.62 inches (so far)

With the understanding that the CFS has a cold bias in general, the 6Z CFS verbatim has KATL near a whopping 9 BN for 3/1-15 (~43 F or near the coldest 10 day stretch of normals of January), which if verified would make it the coldest 3/1-15 there since way back in 1969!

View attachment 35254

View attachment 35255

View attachment 35257

View attachment 35258

View attachment 35260

View attachment 35259

850 mb 0Z line down to FL/GA border, something not seen often for a full 5 day averaged period during any part of winter much less early March!

View attachment 35261

Wonderful... It's like clockwork. Throw April in the trash as well.

I hope this cold is real that Larry keeps showing . I haven’t been able to snuggle with the wife once yet this winter . I know we’ve had cold in the past seven years cause I have two kids . So I snuggled at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the coldest temp RDU has had all winter was 24, which is insane. It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the warmest minimum temperature for a winter on record. We may break that in the last 10 days of Fab Feb, though, especially if we get some snow cover down tomorrow.

Pattern looks active with several threats per the GFS. Winter and chances ain’t over.

I think the coldest temp RDU has had all winter was 24, which is insane. It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the warmest minimum temperature for a winter on record. We may break that in the last 10 days of Fab Feb, though, especially if we get some snow cover down tomorrow.
Record is 23 for raleigh and 22 if I’m not mistaken for RDU airport so yes a record!

Good lord we’re going to be busy the next couple weeks at least ... how fun is this? BACKLOADED FOR THE WIN ...

Something to note as we were sharing the euro ensembles and Gfs ensembles the past week ..

I did see a lot of sporadic members in both suites pick up on the storm system for next week and some had some pretty good snow totals so I think we may have another boom bust scenario on our hand.. still can’t believe we’re going to be this busy

Back