• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Elevation Micro-climatology (SE Mountain Weather)

Anyone know what the latest is on the Hemlock trees? Are they still dying off rapidly due to the woody adelgid?
They’re still dying off wherever they aren’t treated. There are still pockets here and there.

Dusting to 1” tonight. CMC is crazy some runs 4-8”. Mtns only.

More snow tonight above 4,500ft. Radar looks healthy too

Actually sticking. Covered on Beech MTN. Wind is blowing snow.

I'm looking to do some snow chasing this weekend. Anyone have suggestions on where I could go? I'm trying to get above 5000' and drive the whole way, problem is a lot of roads are closed. My backup is Beech but I'm trying to be somewhere less developed.

I'm looking to do some snow chasing this weekend. Anyone have suggestions on where I could go? I'm trying to get above 5000' and drive the whole way, problem is a lot of roads are closed. My backup is Beech but I'm trying to be somewhere less developed.
Ashe County NC is less developed with greater snow coverage below 5,000ft. Roads are open again and state parks reopen before the snow starts. Mount Jefferson State Park is nice and above 4,500ft.

The North Carolina ski resorts have to be a little nervous right now, nothing is showing any promise of opening by Thanksgiving week, thats going to be another huge hit for these guys.

The North Carolina ski resorts have to be a little nervous right now, nothing is showing any promise of opening by Thanksgiving week, thats going to be another huge hit for these guys.

“Warm November= better Dec-Jan” (Laughs nervously)

I had an inch from a frontal setup on
11/12 last year.

Back