• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe DEEP SOUTH Severe Weather threat 18-20th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cold pools or just the intensity of this convection in general is stronger than forecast that will result in more east-southeasterly propagation than the HRRR is willing to admit. Right now the cold pools are winning and new, smaller cB are beginning to blossom just ahead of the decaying storm that's crossing into AL. The 1 hour HRRR forecast completely botched the southerly extent and intensity of the convection in NE MS.
View attachment 4596

View attachment 4597
Can these storms become very strong or will they stay weak? For example, can these take the current energy and create a strong line of storms like expected or weaker, just earlier, and result in a pitiful line forming later that won't have tornadoes at all, or can we still expect a large line later regardless? As for the HRRR, it is not doing well as you said. hoping for it to catch onto what's happening.

The area of moderate and slight risk keep creeping in S.C. more and more! It’s about in the low 60s now and breaks in the clouds and getting humid! Forecast high was mid 50s. I think Upstate, especially S and W of 85, will get some pretty nasty storms this evening
I’m at 60 and full cloud cover. Meh

Already had hail up in Gilmer county, GA from a cell earlier reported. Definitely an atmosphere that supports it it seems.

Absolutely. One of the soundings the other day had the WBZ at 750mb or so. Combine that with high lapse rates and cape and here comes the thud.

Is the SPC seeing something I dont? The models show most of the most CAPE and instability in west central GA. Not NW GA/N C ALABAMA?

Is it weird to anyone else that as big as this thing has been hyped up to be that there’s not even a Tornado Watch issued at all?? Is there an hour criteria for that?? It has been a steady 62-64 degrees and overcast here in Smyrna,GA the entire day with sprinkles..

No MD's on SPC website predicting any watches as of yet. Just had a rain shower in HSV 10 minutes ago. Obs .. wind blowing pretty good out of SE but still cloudy .. temp at 66 degrees though. I am located 1.2 miles NW of UAH.

Yea very weird, they always talk about the sun coming out to destabalize the atmosphere. It’s been cloudy and drizzly all day here in Paulding County and about 62

1st tornado warning of the day on cell south of Muscle Shoals, North of Russellville AL. Tracking NE .. direction - north of Moulton to Athens to Harvest ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back