• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe DEEP SOUTH Severe Weather threat 18-20th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now seeing from NOAA that they are expecting supercells to form around 3PM in North Georgia and then later there would be another line of severe storms develop around 8PM or so. Is this what some of you are seeing as well? I am a teacher and I am concerned about kids getting home OK and after school activities. 3PM would be a horrible time for some of these storms to come through. If I remember correctly the big tornado that came through Ringgold, Ga. in 2011 was in a supercell. We are all still a little traumatized by the thought of that happening again.

Look at the model data and the 4/10/09 analog, it will be interesting to see how these storms form and begin to turn right.

Don't be surprised to see it do the opposite and actually hurt the tornado threat. While the sun will allow instability, it could allow for drier air to mix to the surface. If air mixing is a problem, we still deal with a big time hail threat.
I sell insurance, so I actually dislike this!!!

mcd0143.gif

The most recent MCD from the SPC aligns virtually to perfection w/ sig TOR probabilities for late March

View attachment 4588
Unfortunately, looks like a real large threat today given the upgrade to moderate later today. Probably would bring us up to enhanced here. HRRR has me worried for hail and tornadoes across the area.

Last time moderate risk was June of last year I believe...

Pounding the table now stay alert folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, as I said earlier, these things mean business when they upgrade. If you're in or near this area, stay alert. I may stay up a bit later to make sure my are isn't going to get hit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back