• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe DEEP SOUTH Severe Weather threat 18-20th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to see some cB towers fire along the prefrontal trough in southeastern Alabama in the warm sector, those in south-central GA (Columbus, Macon, etc.) need to keep a close eye on the evolution of these guys fixing to close in on Columbus, GA because one or two, in spite of the less than ideal low-level SRH (which will limit the threat for tornadoes), the deep layer shear is sufficient to maintain supercells.

Starting to see some cB towers fire along the prefrontal trough in southeastern Alabama in the warm sector, those in south-central GA (Columbus, Macon, etc.) need to keep a close eye on the evolution of these guys fixing to close in on Columbus, GA because one or two, in spite of the less than ideal low-level SRH (which will limit the threat for tornadoes), the deep layer shear is sufficient to maintain supercells.
Yeah, that storm headed towards Carrollton looks nasty. Just got severe warned and I'm watching it, as I think it may be developing rotation on the back end.

To add on, that storm appears to be shooting vertically as well, which isn't a good sign since that indicates a strong updraft.

Yeah, that storm headed towards Carrollton looks nasty. Just got severe warned and I'm watching it, as I think it may be developing rotation on the back end.

Yeah that storm has since begun to remove itself further from the prefrontal trough but the cells developing out in the inflow region to its southeast could be hampering intensification of the supercell than what we'd otherwise observe.

To add on, that storm appears to be shooting vertically as well, which isn't a good sign since that indicates a strong updraft.
Worried about that one. Headed right for downtown ATL on it’s current track.

Looks like it has a pretty nasty hail core as well!!!

day1otlk_2000.gif

Doesn't look like much on radar right now, but the cell just north of the FL-AL border west of Dothan has some seriously high cloud tops on GOES-16 imagery, even more so than the supercell headed into GA along the I-20 corridor further to north.

The HRRR really seems to hate Columbia, SC the last few runs. A nice MCV moves over head bringing w/ it the potential for damaging winds, hail, and an isolated tornado in the wee hours of the morning esp from the midlands of SC and points south. We'll just have to wait and see how the convection over MS, AL, TN, and GA evolves upstream late this evening to assess the threat for severe further east in the Carolinas.
index.php.png

Good sized dry and warm slug of air at 850mb moving into AL from MS. Watch that area to see if any mixing down occurrs over the next few hours.

Huntsville, AL and the surrounding area is going to be in big trouble if one of these cells in northern MS becomes dominant because the warm front is still draped over them...

Currently 80 degrees with a DP of 65 near Hayden AL. Sun has been shining for the past two hours. Worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back