• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Good news is that the 0Z GEFS looks like it could be similar to the 18Z, which itself was significantly colder than the 12Z and earlier runs.

And now I can add the 6Z to the 18Z and 0Z as GEFS runs in which there are only 1-2 AN days through the entire 16 days in the SE US meaning the impressive run of cold domination now has no end in sight at least per the GEFS!!

And with the GEFS suggesting the potential for a favorable MJO for SE cold mid to late Dec, well…..

And now I can add the 6Z to the 18Z and 0Z as GEFS runs in which there are only 1-2 AN days through the entire 16 days in the SE US meaning the impressive run of cold domination now has no end in sight at least per the GEFS!!

And with the GEFS suggesting the potential for a favorable MJO for SE cold mid to late Dec, well…..
Some big dog ensembles at that C7C5F053-A186-409F-A720-31A605289A70.jpeg

The shallow western ridge this fall has been extremely stubborn, like what the southeast ridge use to be
and while that shallow ridge doesn’t help promote a cross polar flow to bring Siberian air mass into North America, it can help to bring in the cold that builds in NW Canada… as we go further into December that’s cold enough to get winter weather

Modeling is showing trough after trough digging into the east. Need to keep it up. I really like what I see so far. How long will it last though? History tells me not to get my hopes up.

Goes from phase 6 into the cod. I thought we want to see it in phase 7? Larry, do u see the BC after gefs top right corner? That's the bias corrected I meant earlier
A low amplitude MJO is not really something to worry about or get overly excited about. Lots of other pattern drivers at work out there.

Also, the western ridge may break down for a time, but we may also see blocking develop. There's some pretty good cold air building up over northern North America. Wouldn't take a lot to tap it.

A low amplitude MJO is not really something to worry about or get overly excited about. Lots of other pattern drivers at work out there.

Also, the western ridge may break down for a time, but we may also see blocking develop. There's some pretty good cold air building up over northern North America. Wouldn't take a lot to tap it.

Great raincold. If niñas are usually front loaded, hopefully we get action going soon.

Back