• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Most of the good eps trends got erased last night. Blah
It's all still so far out but I think models have been relatively consistent in showing early December warmth. Now the cold behind it is even further out but it's a possibility that fits with previous nina type years. December 1 is barely under 240 hours right now! 9 days out.

It's all still so far out but I think models have been relatively consistent in showing early December warmth. Now the cold behind it is even further out but it's a possibility that fits with previous nina type years. December 1 is barely under 240 hours right now! 9 days out.
I mean with the general trend of the cool season so far for the epo ridge to show then disappear as we get closer it's hard to not go with the models that show the +epo looks. We have a timeframe coming up (week 2 of Dec) where we can buck the trend but like you said a warm period is pretty likely on the back of the cold that should dominate through the next 7 days.

I absolutely love the high north of Alaska. If I could only have one teleconnection, that’s the one I’d pick. It was what made February 2014 so cold despite the +NAO, and occasional -EPO.
View attachment 95571
It was the biggest reason why 2013-14 sort of bucked the trend for warmer February during -ENSO. Iirc, Florida was baking while we got those 2 storms on Feb 11 and Feb 12-13

DT is getting excited fwiw

You and others can tag me as a weenie for saying this, but this Euro forecasted MJO by itself is downright yummy to me at the end!

ECMF_phase_51m_full.gif

Even if right, the challenge though will be the NAO/AO/PNA, which the GEFS is currently forecasting to all be unfavorable for SE cold at day 14 (Dec 6th). My hope is that they're off for Dec 6th and/or they will quickly reverse soon after to hopefully make for a cold mid to late Dec.

You and others can tag me as a weenie for saying this, but this Euro forecasted MJO by itself is downright yummy to me at the end!

View attachment 95624

Even if right, the challenge though will be the NAO/AO/PNA, which the GEFS is currently forecasting to all be unfavorable for SE cold at day 14 (Dec 6th). My hope is that they're off for Dec 6th and/or they will quickly reverse soon after to hopefully make for a cold mid to late Dec.
?

Back