• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Ok, I think we'll all agree to give you the cold and snow the last 10 days of December, as long as you promise that it moves east to us the first 10 days of January. And not just with the moderating -NAO, we have to have that pacific ridge shift east with it for a +PNA. Deal? ?
I’m scared of those / tilted AK ridges, hopefully blocking comes thru to help the cold undercut to the SE

I’ve learned my lesson with the NAO and Epo it will be delayed significantly so I’m still thinking post January 15th for even a chance of sig winter precip E of the mtn.

The CFS does have a realistic evolution for what’s it’s worth 1638835334804.png
Regardless of exact model output, a well AN weeks 1-2 followed by a slight AN week 3 and then normal week 4 looks like a good bet. Then once the pattern is established it’s game on

Last edited:
The CFS does have a realistic evolution for what’s it’s worth View attachment 97062
Regardless of exact model output, a well AN weeks 1-2 followed by a slight AN week 3 and then normal week 4 looks like a good bet. Then once the pattern is established it’s game on
Gimme a ridge axis that extends from the west coast-BC-AK, these GOA-AK/Aleutian ridge axis setups can go wrong

How many times have we seen snow here in December? I remember the epic Christmas 2010 storm and the 2002 ice storm. Thise are the only two storms of note that I remember here in December. As long as we can start getting things cold around Christmas we still have two whole months with realistic snow chances.

How many times have we seen snow here in December? I remember the epic Christmas 2010 storm and the 2002 ice storm. Thise are the only two storms of note that I remember here in December. As long as we can start getting things cold around Christmas we still have two whole months with realistic snow chances.
Remember 2018?

How could you forget the most recent one 2018? Didn't you get a foot?

acttemp_1280x720.jpg

Back