• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

We’re gonna pop a big -NAO!

Yeah, just about everything I see points to a potentially strong -NAO developing after Christmas and the possibility of it being coupled to a -EPO

This pattern right here is just a classic precursor to a big time -NAO in the week or two to follow.

1640088000-8Q2QYcTCgGk.png

That's not too bad - some of them are indicating the ULL, while some are indicating a line of snow along the boundary. This tells that the models aren't quite there yet with the best likelihood of the outcome. Right now, the question that stands out the most is whether or not the system would become cutoff or remain a frontal system? If it becomes cutoff, it's likely to become cutoff on the tail end of the Southern Appalachian Mountains as the mountains would cause a disturbance in the flow (orographic lift) - creating upward vorticites of air forcing counterclockwise winds. It would of course also depend what takes places with the ridges at 500mb.

Yeah, just about everything I see points to a potentially strong -NAO developing after Christmas and the possibility of it being coupled to a -EPO

This pattern right here is just a classic precursor to a big time -NAO in the week or two to follow.

1640088000-8Q2QYcTCgGk.png

Ok, I think we'll all agree to give you the cold and snow the last 10 days of December, as long as you promise that it moves east to us the first 10 days of January. And not just with the moderating -NAO, we have to have that pacific ridge shift east with it for a +PNA. Deal? ?

Back