• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

How many times have we seen snow here in December? I remember the epic Christmas 2010 storm and the 2002 ice storm. Thise are the only two storms of note that I remember here in December. As long as we can start getting things cold around Christmas we still have two whole months with realistic snow chances.
Didn’t you have over 10 inches in the December 2018 storm?

Front came through around 3-4 PM CST here, with scattered severe weather. Now it's drizzly, with the temp down to 57 (after a high of 80 earlier today) and a light breeze out of the north. I love it. The front's supposed to hang up along the gulf coast late tonight with overrunning moisture setup for tomorrow, which should make for a more December like day.

Looks like I will see my first flakes of the year Wednesday morning in the daylight. The system is so light that I wouldnt be surprised if nothing happened. Although it seems very likely I will see flakes and so that would be a win for sure.

Just a small piece from Joe D'Aleo tonight. 17/18 winter he's speaking of.

I remember that cold well as the heating oil companies were not prepared for the demand and deliveries were delayed. I had to carry through the snow 5 gallons of diesel daily from the gas stations to pour into the tank to keep heat with the thermostat down going and pipes from freezing.
BTW, a storm dumped on the east in early January, of of 4 NESIS high impact storms.
Screen_Shot_2021_12_04_at_9_19_44_AM.png

20180103_20180105_2_27__1_.jpg

Let's see if the models start to converge on that as the time approaches. BTW, JB I see has that also in his post. Back before Weatherbell, when I was Dr. Dewpoint at WSI's Intellicast, when we were doing a post often someone would remark JoeB at Accuweather was thinking the same thing and questioned whether he had tapped our phone. No I said, JB was like me old school, which means your are always searching and looking back to look forward, I am glad to work beside him and the rest of the team here.

Attachments

• 9239A425-0E9A-4746-BF0C-FD4CF9BE80D2.jpeg
    9239A425-0E9A-4746-BF0C-FD4CF9BE80D2.jpeg
    714.2 KB · Views: 29
Best we can root for tommorow is a tenth of an inch qpf. Dewpoint is sitting at a whopping 4 right now

Back