• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Good grief at some of these numbers out of NW Canada
View attachment 96976
This is the area that I’ve been watching the last few months ever since they were having cooler than average temperatures during the summer. This is much colder than what they were seeing last year at this time. Honestly it’s not gonna take a really tall western ridge to tap that. We just got to get the MJO into a more favorable position

Two things I'm concerned about. 1. Can standing wave break down to allow true propagation of mjo, especially later. 2. Will the epo and ao remain positive? If so, we in diar straits lol?

Two things I'm concerned about. 1. Can standing wave break down to allow true propagation of mjo, especially later. 2. Will the epo and ao remain positive? If so, we in diar straits lol?

Nah, not dire straits. We’re only talking about cold vs mild, not life and death thank the Big Guy! Life would go on just fine if the cold is delayed further.

18Z GEFS: has several 1050ish highs coming down at this time but the spread is huge between members:

51CB7B5E-9B48-4A1F-9D61-6903A8EC25AC.png

Nah, not dire straits. We’re only talking about cold vs mild, not life and death thank the Big Guy! Life would go on just fine if the cold is delayed further.

18Z GEFS: has several 1050ish highs coming down at this time but the spread is huge between members:

View attachment 96982
Sorry Larry. For cold weather diar straits. Just trying to be optimistic

View attachment 96982
We’re only talking about cold vs mild, not life and death thank the Big Guy! Life would go on just fine if the cold is delayed further.

?

Back