• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Oh you love it warm your not fooling nobody. Sooner or later we will have a cold spell.It doesn’t take but good week or 2 of cold and snow to make us that want it happy anyway. All this warm often brings our biggest snows here in Tennessee. Still optimistic about our chances down the road. In the meantime I will enjoy the nice weather.
Enjoy the weekend because the cold will be back on Monday!
E7539A9D-B104-4B18-ACE8-B4F4C66177DD.png

No we don’t, not the low humidity warm type of days, mostly in late September/early October and that’s it
It’s almost like the fall we never have no smooth transition it’s always hot and humid and then one big cold front gets us chilly .. so now we just get the smooth transition type of weather just in December ??‍♂️ I can play pickle ball so I’m happy but I want at least a transient cold shot for Christmas we can’t be this warm for Christmas that’s just not right!

Ouch

1639569600-y2q4mFkdpfo.png

1639634400-BR1QS9mrsFE.png
Sweet! At least we don't have to endure any Midwestern snow maps!

Let's move to Hawaii...lol

The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning until Sunday morning on the Big Island of Hawaii.

The warning remains in effect from 6 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Sunday as up to 12 inches or more of snow is expected on the island. NWS also warns residents to stay indoors as forecasters predict winds gusting over 100 mph.

"Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Blowing snow will significantly reduce visibility at times, with periods of zero visibility," NWS's weather warning reads.

Aside from the blizzard warning, a Kona low is expected near the islands starting on Saturday night. Kona storms are a type of seasonal cyclone in the Hawaiian Islands, usually formed in the winter from winds coming from the westerly "Kona" direction, according to N. Kona lows often bring about wet and "unsettled" weather.

The 12z Euro from today actually looks good for later in the future this month - still currently thinking a colder pattern settling in within 2 - 2 and a half weeks. If you take a look upstream over the EPO (and part of the PNA) region, there's a deep trough that I beleive will transpire east of the Rockies between the 17th and 22nd (give or take) The waves from Russia would force the North Pacific blocking into the PNA region while some sections of the sinking air may become separated and go poleward. The blocking across the Central US I think would be a transitional warmth as the flow continues to propagate and that area of air I think would get forced over Greenland causing a possible strong -NAO signature.
d3681aad7ba6852c7b8c3ac9f83f2adb.jpg

I still believe with the niña becoming more east based, the models and ensembles will be confused for a while imo. Not wishcasting, but if the mjo can propagate correctly into colder phases, we also should see models trend colder imo.

Back