• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Here is the NAM for today . It’s already 67 lol.
Foothills of NC warmest area in state rn , downsloping wind?

View attachment 96710
The NAM has been way too cold here on a consistent basis ever since the monsoon season ended. Been having to constantly tweak my bias correction forecast scheme to keep up with these high temp forecasts that constantly bust too low

That is from a cold front passage, however, if this is true - it maybe the transition to a colder pattern afterwards. As Eric has mentioned, there's going to be cold fronts in the midst of this warmer pattern. Eventually, there's going to be that one cold front that causes the change as the pattern alters in the higher latitudes.

Daily records sure , today’s record is 77. Monthly no, no threat of getting remotely close . Even that daily record is almost certainly safe
The record in CLT today is 75 from 1998. It’s already 70 at the airport now so I’m thinking it ends up maxing out about 77-78

GEFS is starting to bite on this transient cold shot around the 13th-14th.

1639418400-ZZ0avAS1WoI.png

Living on borrowed time though. Good thing about this pattern is it'll put a lot of pressure on the stratospheric PV. Definitely sucks in the short-term (short-term = possibly thru late Dec)

1639483200-VIFq73YlbT8.png

At least someone is having a below normal summer (season). I am curious as if this anomaly in South America has any relationship to La Nina pattern?

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-samer-t2m_c_anom-8921600.png

If you live in the Southeast just look at it this way.... We are having California type weather 8 months out of the year while 4 months out of the year is humid.
As a former California resident I beg to differ. As far as comfortable / Nice weather goes the southeast maybe has 2 or 3 months tops that compares to Southern California. That said I am much more in favor of the weather out here vs California.

Realizing that Accuweather is, well, Accuweather, but their monthly forecast for December doesn't show the temp dropping below 32 in Chapel Hill until the morning of the 27th. Wild.

Back