• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Euro gives a bit more reassurance that hopefully the east coast ridging will last less than 10 days. I think we can bet on days of warmth and CAD until the 12th and 13th. After that I am curious to see the progression to see if we can start dumping some cold this way again. Luckily with these big east coast ridges you typically will get cutting storms that act as a 50/50 low and cause CAD and then typically can give you a progressive -NAO that can temper temps back to average or slightly below average for a couple days as well.

Euro gives a bit more reassurance that hopefully the east coast ridging will last less than 10 days. I think we can bet on days of warmth and CAD until the 12th and 13th. After that I am curious to see the progression to see if we can start dumping some cold this way again. Luckily with these big east coast ridges you typically will get cutting storms that act as a 50/50 low and cause CAD and then typically can give you a progressive -NAO that can temper temps back to average or slightly below average for a couple days as well.
IMO the trough on the east coast will just be transient and the SER will flex again shortly after. Any cold shots will be very temporary

c28218fc464c0e6895caf031696dd489.jpg

It’s a December to remember alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Euro operational is still an outlier in the context of its own ensemble suite in the extended. Probably some timing differences amongst members smearing out the signal in the mean, but not super confident in a strong cold shot yet. Regardless, with the ridge over the Aleutians in the ensemble mean, it's honestly a matter of time before the SE ridge rears its ugly head again.

1639375200-G1q1eaF9bYk.png

Augusta is reporting 81F, Athens is reporting the same.

Really? Cold 300 hours will hardly verify , comes to torch watch it verify because we don’t want it … lol
Oh you love it warm your not fooling nobody. Sooner or later we will have a cold spell.It doesn’t take but good week or 2 of cold and snow to make us that want it happy anyway. All this warm often brings our biggest snows here in Tennessee. Still optimistic about our chances down the road. In the meantime I will enjoy the nice weather.

Back