• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

Can only happen in reverse IF models are right about Dec. Meaning a warm December and then maybe winter after that.
I admit my memory could be fuzzy, but I think it was warm the first half of December too. The only winter weather was the last two weeks of the month, as I recall.

I admit my memory could be fuzzy, but I think it was warm the first half of December too. The only winter weather was the last two weeks of the month, as I recall.
Agreed. It’s Dec 2nd. Calm down folks. Our region always does best late jan through early March. Long way to go haha.

My area does better February but it’s the shortest month of the year and March but only the first week of March. Everything is negative living in the s/e. Don’t forget the sun angle too plus warm ground after December is over with eek

We definitely will need some help from mother nature moving forward. My friend Tennessee Storm likes niñas but I personally dont. I like neutral patterns and take my chances from there.

You may be right about the 1st half of Dec 1989 overall but I was thinking we had at least some cold those 1st 2 weeks too. We had ice and some snow I know for sure the weekend the Shrine Bowl high school football game was played in Charlotte. That was my area's biggest winter weather event of the month despite the bone chilling last 2 weeks of it.

It’s really not too late to change the name of this thread because man you won’t be remembering this one

The strongest niño on record 2015-16 had a cold period for a few weeks the beginning to middle of January for the upper south and mid Atlantic. I saw a freezing drizzle event and an ULL from that big system that hit mid Atlantic with over 3 feet snow

You may be right about the 1st half of Dec 1989 overall but I was thinking we had at least some cold those 1st 2 weeks too. We had ice and some snow I know for sure the weekend the Shrine Bowl high school football game was played in Charlotte. That was my area's biggest winter weather event of the month despite the bone chilling last 2 weeks of it.
Yes. First half December 89 was torch

It’s really not too late to change the name of this thread because man you won’t be remembering this one
We will be remembering how warm it was IF models are correct. I still remember December 2015 very well although at was not cold at all.

No there was a major winter storm for much of NC and upstate SC around the 10th of the month followed by another big hit for the mountains and foothills a few days later. Most of that month stayed quite cold

Yes that was the event because I was selected for that Shrine Bowl but couldn’t play because I had hurt my knee a few weeks earlier. Also that same weekend the state championship high school football games were played in Chapel Hill with snow covering Kenan Stadium. But that whole month was quite cold from about the 5th till a few days after Christmas

No there was a major winter storm for much of NC and upstate SC around the 10th of the month followed by another big hit for the mountains and foothills a few days later. Most of that month stayed quite cold
Yep that storm nailed my area pretty good and the forecast for temps to get above freezing did not happen. I was not expecting the snow late that Sat but I sure enjoyed it.

Yes that was the event because I was selected for that Shrine Bowl but couldn’t play because I had hurt my knee a few weeks earlier. Also that same weekend the state championship high school football games were played in Chapel Hill with snow covering Kenan Stadium. But that whole month was quite cold from about the 5th till a few days after Christmas
Furman University near Greenville SC had a home game that day too that was played in the snow. Very heavy snow there in fact.

Back