• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

That W Pac typhoon supercharges the -EPO on this GFS run

1640282400-6q1UAKGg204.png

Based off what ? Imo I still like After Christmas/early jan the GFS often is to quick
We're getting quite a few operational runs off and on out in this timeframe threatening an artic outbreak along with various storm signals that week. Just the latest 12zGFS with cold air in place with a reinforcing shot following along with a robust low pressure near S. Florida is intriguing, to say the least.

Need that cutoff close to the GOA we always make these cutoffs/-EPOs work in spring seemingly
If it were able to retrograde under the ridge trying to nose into AK to its north the gfs would have printed out silly cold numbers. Nice trend to see but let's see if there's any legitimacy in the look within the gefs or the other models today

If it were able to retrograde under the ridge trying to nose into AK to its north the gfs would have printed out silly cold numbers. Nice trend to see but let's see if there's any legitimacy in the look within the gefs or the other models today
Still so far away at this point almost everything at that range could just be noice .. updated MJO forecasts may be helpful in trying to grind down generally where we’re headed in that period

Reactions: SD
Cutoff out west progresses east and starts to muck things up starting Christmas day View attachment 97370
Enjoy the cold while you have it! Don’t be looking at how we screw it up in 19 days! ?and I’m trying to look at the brighter side of things these days! After 35 and rain today and tonight, I get to finish with a deform band and 35mph winds! ❄️☃️?8E617947-989B-4843-95D7-EC0BA2B756C2.png

More excellent work by BAMWX. Their forecast is laid out clear and concise.

Myself, I would not expect much of a chance of snow except in the mountains as the storm track could favor inland paths

Attachments

• 1A991407-4EA4-4E0A-9428-934D423D82FE.jpeg
    1A991407-4EA4-4E0A-9428-934D423D82FE.jpeg
    344.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back