• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

What what?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_25.png

Really setting up a pattern that could favor the eastern seaboard with the parade of clippers I wouldn't be surprised to see one bomb along the coast

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cold and dry after the coastal rainstorm, and TN clipper. Then rain up to PA at end of run! Magical! :(

I’ll settle for the below normal temps (which have modulated a lot for several runs and ensemble runs now) but man it feels like we are wasting it with no snow.

Euro shunt the initial shot a bit NE but still cold. 2nd push coming it appears later in run. Some energy coming down from the Rockies

It's too bad this is out at day 10, but this is a great overall look for us to score a few days later w/ a nice snow cover to our N and NW, s/w slowly emerging out of the SW US and northern Mexico and a clipper coming in unusually far to the south & west over the Dakotas and Nebraska... This is starting to get into that general timeframe when I think we could legitimately get a storm in this pattern. Whatever we see next weekend w/ the coastal low is a bonus
ecmwf_slp_qpf6_conus_41.png
ecmwf_z500_vort_noram_41.png

Euro shunt the initial shot a bit NE but still cold. 2nd push coming it appears later in run. Some energy coming down from the Rockies

The models and ensembles have been showing this for a week. The first trough being too far east with the second wave in much better position for us to score.

Back