• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

Interesting that even the mean is showing heavier accumulation toward the coast. Can we get a breakdown of the members?

Is there any chance this could trend little west, say towards south/central Bama? 12 gefs suggest most of its members more west.

Is there any chance this could trend little west, say towards south/central Bama? 12 gefs suggest most of its members more west.
There is the chance it will go away completely, all the way to gang busters for the whole SE, lol. When it's two days out we might know something. It's got time to cook off. T

Remember the North and Westward drift in our winter weather history of model watching. Long way to go yet and we often see these things come back west as the time period shortens but we also see them go poof sometimes too. Hopefully someone scores here and we don't have a miss wide right for most of us with the strength of the cold as currently progged

It seems to me the Cold is starting to relax some. Long range GFS not looking as cold. Hopefully this isn’t the case. Any thoughts?

Whats this gfs :eek:

snp7cw.png

Lol the gfs has a beauty of a storm in fantasy land for NC. Low off the coast with snow falling with temps in the low 20s and 850s well below 0 C. Then lows plunge to 8 degrees that night

Yes it does...LMBO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol the gfs has a beauty of a storm in fantasy land for NC. Low off the coast with snow falling with temps in the low 20s and 850s well below 0 C. Then lows plunge to 8 degrees that night
Yes, that is a beauty. If next weekend doesn't work out it could just be setting the stage for a big storm down the road. It often works out like that. I don't think we get out of December without seeing a good storm. The signal is so strong .
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_50.png

A storm has been consistently showing up on the models for that time period for a while now.

Back