• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

I pretty much ignore the GFS until 3-5 days of an event (for pattern change, wintry precip etc.) and go with the Euro out to 7-10 as being more likely to show real changes. When they agree in the 7-10 that is the most likely result, until then trust the King. We have been down this road so many times and we still tend to forget it when the GFS jumps on something the EURO doesn't show whether it be warmth or cold. In longer periods, 12-30, it is a total crap shoot for the most part

I pretty much ignore the GFS until 3-5 days of an event (for pattern change, wintry precip etc.) and go with the Euro out to 7-10 as being more likely to show real changes. When they agree in the 7-10 that is the most likely result, until then trust the King. We have been down this road so many times and we still tend to forget it when the GFS jumps on something the EURO doesn't show whether it be warmth or cold. In longer periods, 12-30, it is a total crap shoot for the most part

The pattern change is already in motion it's the downstream impacts that take a while to be felt. Pattern changes don't just happen in a few days they take time . The gfs and Euro are on the same page ....

As usual, JB is going all in on an I-20 corridor white xmas. :rolleyes::weenie:
View attachment 1671
All in for 2010 repeat!!!! The JB special lol
59d2c3cef16fa462ac7e32d0bfd86f20.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

I still feel within this cold pattern coming up, that someone or a southeast boardwide event will happen, "Frozen" that is. Theres so much potential here, much more than the last few years. We deserve something good, its been to long. We are over due for a ICE/SNOW storm.

Hard not to notice the deeper Aleutian trough in the extend range on the EPS (likely attributable to the recurving WP typhoon) and the weaker trough downstream (at least momentarily) over the eastern US... While the longwave trough is weaker, the Aleutian low-PNA ridge combo will squash the SE US ridge like a pancake. Definitely has that mid-late winter NINO look...
eps_z500a_b_noram_336.png

Back