• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

Holy hell lol
61cda543e919cf5db3f8ce6b95f3435b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Started a model run banter thread pretty self explanatory. Let's see how this goes.

Note this thread is mainly for the 12z and 0z run when traffic peaks. Don't get offended if your post is moved, I think this is much better than the alternative of handing out warnings and bans. If anyone thinks the idea sucks let's me know and we can figure something else out. Just want to cut back on the banter since we are getting complaints and posts are coming in more rapidly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What's 100dm between friends. That change out west is crazy but it certainly lines up more with the 12z eps

Yeah the GEFS should be quite entertaining in a few. This run, accurate or not though shows the potential for some serious cold. What more can you ask for at this lead

Yeah the GEFS should be quite entertaining in a few. This run, accurate or not though shows the potential for some serious cold. What more can you ask for at this lead
I like how the gfs retrogrades the trough axis from the east coast toward the Mississippi river in time. I think that the potential is certainly there for a nice storm mid month leading into Christmas. I would be beyond excited to have snow on the ground Christmas morning

I like how the gfs retrogrades the trough axis from the east coast toward the Mississippi river in time. I think that the potential is certainly there for a nice storm mid month leading into Christmas. I would be beyond excited to have snow on the ground Christmas morning

I've also noticed the SER is making an appearance but not in a necessary disruptive way. I believe Jon posted a tweet last year of a gif that actually showed how the SER helped to amplify the wave leading into the January 6 storm last year. Obviously some warmer than desired temps ruined it but the effect of the SER was unique in the setup

Recurving western Pacific typhoon ignites a huge RWT downstream over the Pacific-North American sectors this run, hence as mentioned earlier, the waves downstream of this become super amped which is why you're seeing a ridiculous arctic outbreak over the east-central US...

Back