• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

ayne.gif

Seeing a big fat nothingburger for ATL and south of us. As expected.
Don't worry it's a D10 OP run that more than likely won't verify as what was just shown...however, with this upcoming pattern OP/Ens models have been spitting out, we have a better chance to track a wintry system, possible by mid December, earlier than previous years.
eps_z500a_nh_336.png

Yeah but oh the joy if we could score before them just once

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Look if we get a ridge out west like the eps shows and get a true cross polar flow we can easily score without the snowpack to the north. The snowpack debate is a good one if your already dealing with borderline temps . But if you get true arctic air from a cross polar flow that debate goes out the window . Plus we are long overdue for a big ice storm .

Yeah but oh the joy if we could score before them just once

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, they're at least half a month late to get much of anything versus the normal. I definitely can see a nice little cyclone getting going right off the NE coast and getting the area good with this pattern change.

Not much wintry support on the 12z eps for the day 10 system . I wouldn't expect the first real chance till around mid Decmeber and on. I'm just excited about the damn ridge out west that is sustained through the end of the run on the 12z eps

Look of we get a ridge out west like the eps shows and get a true cross polar flow we can easily score without the snowpack to the north. The snowpack debate is a good one if your already dealing with borderline temps . But if you get true arctic air from a cross polar flow that debate goes out the window . Plus we are long overdue for a big ice storm .

But we want our coastal and deep South friends like Larry, Chris & Tony to score too. Snowpack to the North never hurt anyone. ;) Phil's location might be pushing it, lol.

Yeah, that storm showing up on the Euro was a bonus. The main thing is the stage is being set for some possible fun in December and things still look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back