• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

So that GFS signals of wintry weather on Dec. 7th, 12th and Fantasy land 15th not bad

I'd definitely hedge my bets on the latter period potentially posing a more serious and legitimate threat board-wide, but I would not complain one bit if I got some bonus token flakes and sleet pellets earlier on, especially given how crappy our Decembers have been lately...

At least if we manage to score a snowstorm within a week or so of the winter solstice we won't have to hear about the sun angle destroying all our snow & ice
Someone will still complain. Too warm in November, the snowflakes weren't cold enough, something

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My 10 day forecast on TWC, has rain and snow mix for Dec 11!!!!!!
Just started wearing chaps, pants were just getting in the way!!! :)

Can someone post 12z gefs snow members? Cant pull image

Anyone notice that the CMC looked to be setting up for a winter storm at the end of the run? Powerful CAD. VERY powerful. Would more than likely be an ice storm though, bc of 850s
Looks like that would cut inland into the southeast with the trough angle . But at least we are starting to see potential

ecmwf_z500a_namer_9.png

Now that's a ridge :eek:

Back