• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

Consistent with the 18Z GFS, the 18Z GEFS is just about the coldest run overall yet for the SE US and is the coldest yet through day 13.

The blocking across the pole through the whole run is unreal. That is a frigid look that would be hard to break down.

For the first time in a long time it would appear the coldest air may get dumped in our side of the world, not Siberia.

The blocking across the pole through the whole run is unreal. That is a frigid look that would be hard to break down.

For the first time in a long time it would appear the coldest air may get dumped in our side of the world, not Siberia.
I dont even remember the time that happened. Seems like the last few winters that's been the case

First all in of the year. Here's to a cold December !!
9b73e3ea73782dc6e7fc69b04d954394.gif

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk
Bring it!!

Yeah as soon as the ridge goes up over the Canadian Rockies and Alaska & retrogrades towards the Bering Sea, we start generating cross-polar flow that transports Siberian air into North America...

...wish I could insert a gif with the homeless guy from Big Daddy saying “Hell Yes”!
Got you covered.

In reality though I will be cutting back on banter and gifs over the coming weeks as things get more active and we have more posts coming in. Just a note for everyone
23ff886ed1f8846cd4b64d86f911edf1.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Got you covered.

In reality though I will be cutting back on banter and gifs over the coming weeks as things get more active and we have more posts coming in. Just a note for everyone

That’s great and I plan to do the same. Wonder if we can cut down on the arguing back-and-forth too...I guess Facebook is a great place to go if you want to see banter/GIF/arguments. I would hate to see someone’s head explode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who wants to bet this will be like the 1989-90 winter with December being cold while Jan and Feb torch. I'd love to see that again as long as we got all of the rain the late winter and early spring of 1990 brought. Minus the Alabama flooding that occurred in Feb 1990.

That’s great and I plan to do the same. Wonder if we can cut down on the arguing back-and-forth too...I guess Facebook is a great place to go if you want to see banter/GIF/arguments. I would hate to see someone’s head explode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Banter and gifs are fine during slow times but as things pick up it needs to go to the banter thread since people come looking for discussion. As for the arguing I have no problem with it if facts are being brought to the table though I would like to see it in its own thread.

Got you covered.

Quit the crying posts about how you need rain!! :)

These recently came across my twitter feed, certainly like their graphical representation and listing of temperature anomaly values for each climate division

1981-2010 Positive NAO US Temps Climate Division.jpg

1981-2010 Negative NAO US Temps Climate Division.jpg

D1 drought here. Glad plants are dormant and sun angle is low otherwise it would be bad

True! I'm very close to D2, according to the drought monitor! But I promise my backyard is D3+!!!! And I'll take my catchup moisture as snow !!

Who wants to bet this will be like the 1989-90 winter with December being cold while Jan and Feb torch. I'd love to see that again as long as we got all of the rain the late winter and early spring of 1990 brought. Minus the Alabama flooding that occurred in Feb 1990.
Except this time, let's have the cold last into first half of January, then torch 2nd half of January onward.

Back