• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

PHIL!!! I found your snow in FL!
fd5c78f0021bfda67cdb899970dd98f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All in baby! Road trip! (sarcasm)

The first thing to really watch is that system that may get stuck in the SW before ejecting. Chances are it kicks when the pattern is too warm or too suppressed but there is a window there around day 11 or 12.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Consistent with the 18Z GFS, the 18Z GEFS is just about the coldest run overall yet for the SE US and is the coldest yet through day 13.

If you aren't ok with this look at day 15 on the eps then you will never be satisfied. I like the fact the eps starts to retrograde the pattern a bit by d15 across the us which would give us a better shot at a SW flow aloft and some wintry weather.
af1f88df6ab40a0222971924ca5db445.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Classic overall planetary setup for a nice overrunning/Miller B event

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_35.png
If one woud look at this, cold air isnt that far north from this. If this system hung around SW awhile long, allowing the cold air rushing in, then things would get little dicey in some spots.

Classic overall planetary setup for a nice overrunning/Miller B event
Yes, this set-up would give us a cold source region for a nice cad event and the blocking would prevent the high from being transient. Now, if we can get a good deep snowpack to our northeast, it would really improve the confluence.

Supressed is right where we want it now! :)

Yes, this set-up would give us a cold source region for a nice cad event and the blocking would prevent the high from being transient. Now, if we can get a good deep snowpack to our northeast, it would really improve the confluence.
Lol! You obviously missed a few pages today!! :)

Back