• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

different world up there.. climate is closer to Denver's than it is to Dallas...

The avatar has changed and the time has come.

If you're needing a reason to pick up some canned goods, butane, chainsaw supplies, along with a few kerosene heating supplies, check out the discussions above. Now would be better than later to start getting some things ready. What's the worst that can happen? Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Oh yeah, I am all in for Dazzling December.

00z Euro sez, what Texas Panhandle snowstorm? I'm dropping the arctic hammer on the Eastern US, bud:
ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_11.png

00z Euro sez, what Texas Panhandle snowstorm? I'm dropping the arctic hammer on the Eastern US, bud:
ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_11.png
Dang thats cold. One thing for sure, we will get cold. Something has to give to get a Storm, with all that cold air available, we should see something oit of it

Not sure what gfs your looking at but I woke up , saw the blocking on the 06z gfs and instantly took my pants off
Guess I was just looking at temps. They were hardly ever below normal the entire run. Don't want another " block of the century" like we just had and temps not respond accordingly.

EPS and GEFS in amazing agreement for Day 10. Trough could correct east instead of undercutting the ridge out west, would mean colder for SE.

I see this pattern as about a week long event but if can definitely last longer. This doesn’t really scream wintry action for the SE outside of the mountains but it will be a very noticeable change from the first week of December. It’s great to see patterns like these showing up early.

273ae68012263aad8b5e4f554495bb21.jpg

ef4eba78f8137ab1675e8262fc2d7e12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern TX may surely see some snow like the GFS is projecting. One thing for sure, is that TX is far enough west that TX don't get the affects from SERs. Plus they get cold air coming down from the Rockies.
The crazy thing, I'm on about the same latitude as Amarillo TX. If there wasn't such a thing as the SER, I bet I would get as much snow as Amarillo TX averages, and if storm system's didn't cut. (That SER )

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Back