• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December, Make analogs relevant again

Yes snowpack helps, but it's not the end all be all. Give me a good pattern and I wI'll role the dice any winter . Snowpack gets brought up every winter , in fact last year it was beaten to death like a dead horse and we still scored . OBVIOUSLY we want the most expansive snowpack possible, but again I'll take my chances. We are never gonna have a perfect setup

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Already taking off my belt .....12z GFS
f70f8379114eda69358740a6928c27a1.jpg

aab777fa23c1de542b7240213a349ab6.jpg

12z GFS Day 8-10 looks real nice compared to 0z run last night. -NAO block is more West based and in better location IMO.

(First 2 images are new 12z run last image is 0z run).
92654a7621bff7ee78d20d86eb315a35.jpg
588341801681240e1295f9bbc127086e.jpg
d20982a5433a9f8e83c375f8ca560192.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes snowpack helps, but it's not the end all be all. Give me a good pattern and I wI'll role the dice any winter . Snowpack gets brought up every winter , in fact last year it was beaten to death like a dead horse and we still scored . OBVIOUSLY we want the most expansive snowpack possible, but again I'll take my chances. We are never gonna have a perfect setup

True, if that really good setup verifies of what we've been seeing, you can get wintry weather that can bring significant accumulations in the SE US regardless if there is snowpack or not. That's the end of the snowpack discussion for me, not having another repeat like last year.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think we will need some extra pants with all the eye candy model runs lately. Lol.

the deepest single snowfall i have seen was in 1993 here in bama, without even checking i am certain there was NO snowpack anywhere near us when that snow started falling.

True, if that really good setup verifies of what we've been seeing, you can get wintry weather that can bring significant accumulations in the SE US regardless if there is snowpack or not. That's the end of the snowpack discussion for me, not having another repeat like last year.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
Just wait for ground temps and sun angle! :)

Back