• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

Starburst link said:
[quote author=whatalife link=topic=2.msg967#msg967 date=1481315796]
[quote author=SD link=topic=2.msg964#msg964 date=1481315293]
[quote author=metwannabe link=topic=2.msg961#msg961 date=1481314643]
Lived here all my life and more times than not models under estimate the CAD...  many times it has started as sn with forecast to change to zr, eventually it changes, but usually much later then forecast (for my area anyway, yes I'm further north haha).

Either way never underestimate the power of a strong wedge it can be a beautiful thing  ;D

Yep even the Euro probably starts off as an hour or 2 of snow for us before going to IP then ZR that damming high building in means business
[/quote]

I literally had just texted Charlie 10 minutes before the Euro got to day 7 and 8 about how much I hate ice storms...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

A few years ago, Lexington did a lot of tree trimming away from lines before Winter.  Now it's all grown back out this way at least.  Should be a wonderful conundrum if we get a substantial ice storm.  Last one we lucked out with sleet vs zr.  Got about 1/10th an inch of ZR at the end and still lost power from it.
[/quote]

Wasn't that Feb 2014?

whatalife link said:
[quote author=Starburst link=topic=2.msg968#msg968 date=1481316099]
Lived here all my life and more times than not models under estimate the CAD...  many times it has started as sn with forecast to change to zr, eventually it changes, but usually much later then forecast (for my area anyway, yes I'm further north haha).

Either way never underestimate the power of a strong wedge it can be a beautiful thing  ;D

Yep even the Euro probably starts off as an hour or 2 of snow for us before going to IP then ZR that damming high building in means business
[/quote]

I literally had just texted Charlie 10 minutes before the Euro got to day 7 and 8 about how much I hate ice storms...LOL!

[/quote]

A few years ago, Lexington did a lot of tree trimming away from lines before Winter.  Now it's all grown back out this way at least.  Should be a wonderful conundrum if we get a substantial ice storm.  Last one we lucked out with sleet vs zr.  Got about 1/10th an inch of ZR at the end and still lost power from it.
[/quote]

Wasn't that Feb 2014?

[/quote]

The big sleet (here) that destroyed counties to our South (with zr)?  I think so.

Starburst link said:
[quote author=whatalife link=topic=2.msg969#msg969 date=1481316237]
[quote author=Starburst link=topic=2.msg968#msg968 date=1481316099]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wasn't that Feb 2014?

[/quote]

The big sleet (here) that destroyed counties to our South (with zr)?  I think so.
[/quote]

I remember Jan 10th 2011 was rough too.

Is there not a clown map for ip or zr from the Euro?

SD link said:
[quote author=Starburst link=topic=2.msg973#msg973 date=1481316779]
If anything looks wonky, I am fixing avatar size on this site so they can actually be seen.. have to modify the member tag size also.  It wont stay broken! :)

I like your avatar
[/quote]

Thanks, lol. 

Okay guys, this could be a bit buggy.  I have increased avatar sizes.. the only problem is they need to be re-uploaded to the site to have the correct size.  So try it out, hopefully it's not broken.  Rofl.

Optimally, the avatar you upload should be at least
202px by 127px

Storm5 link said:
12z gfs para wants to play next weekend as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

0zDKk4d.gif

Storm5 link said:

Someone is going to have fun w/some ice.

whatalife link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=2.msg983#msg983 date=1481318240]

[/quote]

Better stop, collaborate, and listen.

whatalife link said:

[/quote]
agree wi th the shallow cold air it's most likely an ice threat . para is more interested in northern miss and west tenn . but the general idea is there

Starburst link said:
[quote author=metwannabe link=topic=2.msg999#msg999 date=1481321305]
Oh baby there are some sexy GEFS members.....

Hey, save this version and upload to your profile it will fix the distortion.

Huge problem with this forum software, is I can not set a minimum size so people are told their images are too small. :(  So when someone uploads an image with smaller dimensions than what is needed, it tries to over-stretch it and makes it look bad.
[/quote]

I just changed my avatar haha.  It worked for me.... I think

whatalife link said:

[/quote]
VA/MD

Re: December Discussion

18z gfs was oh so close .

it's also much weaker with the ridge during the period of interest

Back