Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Gfs getting colder and colder each run for those of you hoping to see a flake Friday
4f33063d3de217791df8bad759b97aea.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That GFS is the devil

I think some are taking in what they see on the models way, way too quickly! You always, always have to remember things change all the time, no matter what. It may not be warm Christmas Eve/day after all for some. Matter of fact, it may not even be sunny and 60 for some. Both GFS and Euro show a wedge building in later in the day on Christmas Eve into Christmas day. A 1028 mb/1030-ish high builds in over the NE US. The 18z GFS shows a weak disturbance that may bring precip for some on Christmas Eve into Christmas day. As always, things could moisten up on future runs.

Also note, the GEFS starts off Christmas Eve and day quite chilly. If you factor in the 2m temps from the GEFS, and if there is precip over the CAD areas, it would be frozen precip. Christmas Eve night into early Christmas day. For now, it will be dry and cold for most.
79085e25a0a592cb71e8d5c7c50804e5.jpg
89fc65329bbcbea44aa29ee15be3a606.jpg

Look at that 1000% dot over Bricks house!? Rain_Cold, how much did you get!! Time to get sloshing!!!View attachment 9272
That map is jacked up. The bottom edge is a little off, unless my annual average snowfall is .2”. On second thought, actually, it probably is. Never mind.
I haven't seen a single post from anyone on this forum punting January, unless it's in jest. Most expect a flip...is it early January, mid-Jan, or in February. Nobody knows, we are just discussing potential options, why?, because some people enjoy discussing weather even if it's not snowy.

As old as it may get to some with people panicking in mid-December it's even more old when people lose their mind if someone happens to post that the MJO will be unfavorable for sustained cold in the E/SE the next 2-3 weeks.
Good post.