• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

For a month that supposedly is not great in the south, December sure has delivered the last 2 years. 2 historic December storms.
Hence why I said most years. Most likely places that saw a big snow last December and this December won’t see one again in December for about 10 or so years. December 2010 gave me 2 different snowfalls of more the 2 inches including one on Christmas Day. Haven’t seen more then a dusting in December going on 8 winters now.

Wouldn't a "torch" pattern in between Christmas and New years support severe wx ? Models been catching on to these cutters that leave much of the SE in the warm sector except for cad areas

Wouldn't a "torch" pattern in between Christmas and New years support severe wx ? Models been catching on to these cutters that leave much of the SE in the warm sector except for cad areas
I wouldn’t say we are torched. We will be in the mid to upper 50s in the most part. Torch is just a catchy word someone people like to use. Looks like the SE will stay fairly close to avg for the most part.

I’ve only gotten snow in 2 Decembers this decade, now maybe last year spoiled me and I would’ve like snow December but still that doesn’t mean I’m punting the rest of the winter.

After all the rain & cold the first half of the month, it’s really nice outside, not bitterly cold or torchy muggy & warm. Upper 50s/low 60s is the perfect temperature range for a relaxation period before we get back into a more favorable pattern.

If we get into January & February and have historic storms, all this punt and gloom & doom talk will look silly.

I’ve only gotten snow in 2 Decembers this decade, now maybe last year spoiled me and I would’ve like snow December but still that doesn’t mean I’m punting the rest of the winter.

After all the rain & cold the first half of the month, it’s really nice outside, not bitterly cold or torchy muggy & warm. Upper 50s/low 60s is the perfect temperature range for a relaxation period before we get back into a more favorable pattern.

If we get into January & February and have historic storms, all this punt and gloom & doom talk will look silly.

It's silly no matter what the temps are right now. Like I have said before, we have had numerous times with temps in the 70s one week in January and February and end up with snow the next. That's exactly what happened with last week's storm, too.

I haven't seen a single post from anyone on this forum punting January, unless it's in jest. Most expect a flip...is it early January, mid-Jan, or in February. Nobody knows, we are just discussing potential options, why?, because some people enjoy discussing weather even if it's not snowy.

As old as it may get to some with people panicking in mid-December it's even more old when people lose their mind if someone happens to post that the MJO will be unfavorable for sustained cold in the E/SE the next 2-3 weeks.

Look at that 1000% dot over Bricks house!? Rain_Cold, how much did you get!! Time to get sloshing!!!BA3FC56A-8518-47E5-89A6-EA17544D7340.png

Larry, even accounting for ZR that map is way off. All I had was cold rain at my location.

Gfs getting colder and colder each run for those of you hoping to see a flake Friday
4f33063d3de217791df8bad759b97aea.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back