• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Not a bad look at all and even though the GEFS and EPS torch everyone, it has major support. That ridge right there has staying power. If we can get cold air on our side of the globe, that can drop the hammer.

fv3p_z500a_namer_41.png

Not a bad look at all and even though the GEFS and EPS torch everyone, it has major support. That ridge right there has staying power. If we can get cold air on our side of the globe, that can drop the hammer.

fv3p_z500a_namer_41.png

I could be wrong and I don’t think we will have any problems getting the cold on our side of the globe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gfs shows another southern slider for Christmas but fv3 not buying it.

It may not be much to talk about but I been paying close attention for the days of the 14 and 15 for the past 3 days because the GFS and fv3-gfs been showing possible snow consistently since Saturday for places that hasn't seen it for the deep south... Here is the 6z GFS run from hours 108-126
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh108-126.gif Also @1300m @Storm5 @DarkKnight @Webberweather53 @Arcc do anyone of y'all think this has potential it almost looks like an upper level low passing through... I'm still learning guys

It may not be much to talk about but I been paying close attention for the days of the 14 and 15 for the past 3 days because the GFS and fv3-gfs been showing possible snow consistently since Saturday for places that hasn't seen it for the deep south... Here is the 6z GFS run from hours 108-126
View attachment 9025 Also @1300m @Storm5 @DarkKnight @Webberweather53 @Arcc do anyone of y'all think this has potential it almost looks like an upper level low passing through... I'm still learning guys
Look up top. Yes it is a pretty stout ULL. Temps look yuck, but ULL's are known for surprises.

gfs_z500_vort_namer_22.png

This system that you see coming in over CA is the one we're going to have to watch for (it's the system that's been showing up around Christmas Eve/day, although the timing will probably change.) The disturbance gets pushed down into Mexico, and it possibly can make it over the GOM (Gulf low) If the timing is right with the northern stream, this will set up the next *possible* winter event. We'll have to see what the northern stream will do and this disurbance as this week goes on.
a387ecfb27e2b9df5277a3a169a93817.gif

View attachment 9025 Also @1300m @Storm5 @DarkKnight @Webberweather53 @Arcc do anyone of y'all think this has potential it almost looks like an upper level low passing through... I'm still learning guys

I thought it did days ago, but as mentioned, boundary layer temps are way too warm. Quite annoying actually.

This system that you see coming in over CA is the one we're going to have to watch for (it's the system that's been showing up around Christmas Eve/day, although the timing will probably change.) The disturbance gets pushed down into Mexico, and it possibly can make it over the GOM (Gulf low) If the timing is right with the northern stream, this will set up the next *possible* winter event. We'll have to see what the northern stream will do and this disurbance as this week goes on.
a387ecfb27e2b9df5277a3a169a93817.gif

Get the ridge steeper and that is a huge phaser threat on that run. Those are always fun.

The issue right now is cutting off the Pacific firehose and getting some arctic air back in Canada.

Last edited:
Pattern looks active...in that wet and soggy sort of way. I’d rather have sunny and 60’s

Get the ridge steeper and that is a huge phaser threat on that run. Those are always fun.

The issue right now is cutting off the Pacific firehose and getting some arctic air back in Canada.

This would do although I have t looked at the ensembles yet
df9b094536cea884369843f302083d5d.png
8cdb9719dc0e00db2346b06aeaae0970.png

Back