• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

12z GFS, disurbance is in the Gulf, maybe we'll get a phase within the next several runs. Man, such a good look for a big winter storm setting up.
f4dd4c90040a931695e6c91e31ed6397.jpg

I'm ready for the next one! The pattern looks like it will get active again in a couple of weeks. I could see getting another storm between Christmas and the New Year.

Only four days away. This might be a nice surprise. Has snow for 99% of NC.

Got it. I think we'll have to wait until after Christmas for the next shot.

Taking a look at the teleconnections, for now, the PNA is projected to remain slightly positive, could spike more positively as December 20th (or so comes around)

The cold will "relax" some, but by the looks of the AO, it could be around netrual to a neg. AO by the time that possible Gulf low comes around.

If there will be a Gulf low, that brings snow, the track needs to start northwest of the Yucatan Peninsula (about central GOM) and track through central FL, up the east coast - a text book Miller A. No warm noses! We'll need to really pay attention to those heights as well. I'm excited for this time period.
7ede9e485ca2d8fa3fa54934dcd09c84.gif
1a90396cef4a9a73b599b44e162bfc44.gif

View attachment 9044
Looks like rain at the moment. Hopefully that will change.
Taking a look at the teleconnections, for now, the PNA is projected to remain slightly positive, could spike more positively as December 20th (or so comes around)

The cold will "relax" some, but by the looks of the AO, it could be around netrual to a neg. AO by the time that possible Gulf low comes around.

If there will be a Gulf low, that brings snow, the track needs to start northwest of the Yucatan Peninsula (about central GOM) and track through central FL, up the east coast - a text book Miller A. No warm noses! We'll need to really pay attention to those heights as well. I'm excited for this time period.
7ede9e485ca2d8fa3fa54934dcd09c84.gif
1a90396cef4a9a73b599b44e162bfc44.gif
Yea the low is in a perfect spot. Just gotta have some cold air to go with it. It would be a lot of people on here get a nice snowstorm.

Back