• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 28-29th Possible Winter Storm

Nice little event on the 27th doesn't look too bad, a lot of this is mixed w/ ZR & IP, maybe a dusting to an inch verbatim on this NAM run
namconus_asnow_seus_20.png

I am speaking about wave #2, this run sucks and is dry too.

Serious question what the heck is happening cause every model seems to be saysig something different from the other models just seems like craziness to me

I think if your looking for a big storm it's not going to happen. NAM is the NAM lol but it fits with other models so totally can't discount it.
With that being said a 1/4" of ice is still nothing to sneeze about.

Who remembers Jan 2000? Did that storm sneak up on us? I was in High School and remember it coming out of no where and we had 6" of snow here in Florence, SC. Even though forecasting has improved in those 17 years since then. Anything and everything is still on the table IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lol, this is simulated radar too:
namconus_ref_frzn_seus_52.png

The NW trend is in full force on the NAM for our Wednesday wave... What looked like virtually nothing w/ a shortwave suppressed into oblivion off the SE US coast (like our 28-29th storm has become), a few days later, this is beginning to turn into legitimate event on some NWP models. Just another reason not to throw in the towel just yet for our storm on Thu/Fri. Give it another day or two
Unknown.gif

The NW trend is in full force on the NAM for our Wednesday wave... What looked like virtually nothing w/ a shortwave suppressed into oblivion off the SE US coast (like our 28-29th storm has become), a few days later, this is beginning to turn into legitimate event on some NWP models. Just another reason not to throw in the towel just yet for our storm on Thu/Fri. Give it another day or two
View attachment 2294
Perhaps we need a dec 27 thread

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back