• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 10-11th winter potential

very warm snow/sleet event.. did not get below 33 at the airport for the entire duration of the precip.

Definite overperformer in terms of duration of frozen precip, 8 hours worth. Granted it was generally light and didn't accumulate to much but that was expected. Anything besides flurries before mid-December is a win in my book.

Definite overperformer in terms of duration of frozen precip, 8 hours worth. Granted it was generally light and didn't accumulate to much but that was expected. Anything besides flurries before mid-December is a win in my book.
true, but it's our turn to score on a dec storm for once.. instead of spots south of here. :)

Posting a couple of maps from the snow analysis site (NOHRSC) showing where snow fell yesterday. The 2nd map only shows areas that received an inch or more of snowfall.

Also here are the "official" NWS totals at the TAF sites where snow data is collected.
Huntsville, AL - 0.7"
Tri-Cities, TN - 0.4"
Chattanooga, TN - 0.3"
Knoxville, TN - 0.3"

Good appetizer, onto the next bigger better one. :)

yesterdays snowmap.PNG

yesterdays snowmap for 1+inches.PNG

Congrats to all those that saw snow yesterday! The dry air absolutely killed the Nashville and north areas yesterday unfortunately. The snow would have been over us for hours and would have easily eclipsed one inch if not more. I think dry slots are the worst because all the ingredients are there except for the snow not reaching the surface. It’s been a while since I can remember a dry slot like yesterday’s that basically blanked us except for a few early morning flurries.

Back