• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 10-11th winter potential

Don’t forget the tropical tidbits snow maps are honestly absolute TRASH. It’s the only part of the site I can’t stand. So that is very misleading. I really wish he would change them. I’ve seen those tropical tidbits snow maps in so many weather hyping posts across social media.

Pivotal Weather has Kuchera snow maps which are much much better. And much more realistic. We aren’t going to see widespread 5+ inches.
3km is even more conservative than this. That’s a Red flag and likely means this may even be overdone.

Levi Cowan himself (owner of Tropical Tidbits) stated that his snowfall maps aren't that accurate due to funky algorithm that NCEP use... so he stressed that his Total Positive Snow Depth Change snow maps are much more accurate. Having forecast over a dozen snowfall events in the Northeast, I can verify that Total Positive Snow Depth Change is the way to go for snow maps from TT.

Here you go Brent
image5.jpg

The latest GEFS plumes for Huntsville have increased the snow amounts with a mean of just under 1". All members seem to show some accumulation, and though most are less than an inch, there several higher than an inch up to over two inches. NWS Huntsville does mention the possibilty of an advisory issuance.

The latest GEFS plumes for Huntsville have increased the snow amounts with a mean of just under 1". All members seem to show some accumulation, and though most are less than an inch, there several higher than an inch up to over two inches. NWS Huntsville does mention the possibilty of an advisory issuance.
Cool still hoping waiting on other models to come out though with new information thanks

Latest 3km kuchera!

NAM family has really dried up QPF the last couple of runs. Almost in half. More ice too now for Eastern TN as the warm nose trends stronger as usual.

Overall a very minor event. but any flakes are a win for sure.

untitled.png

Regular NAM. Holding steady showing some snow in the area of N MS and AL and E TN.
snku_acc.us_ov.png

Lates GEFS Plumes for HSV holding steady with a mean of .91
1575904876321.png

Looks like most modeling holding serve for my area. Thermal profiles obviously iffy and the growth zone may be too dry. As of 1500 forecast discussion update, NWS Huntsville says accumulation snow likely though.

Back