• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 10-11th winter potential

MRX calling for a half inch here in Chattanooga. Doubtful really. Way too optimistic. I think it falls but will be too warm and short-lived to stick. So a melted .5 maybe. Also, Wed is calling for a high of 50. We had stronger cold fronts in early Nov. Weird. Edit: maybe that's a midnight high, not sure.

MRX calling for a half inch here in Chattanooga. Doubtful really. Way too optimistic. I think it falls but will be too warm and short-lived to stick. So a melted .5 maybe. Also, Wed is calling for a high of 50. We had stronger cold fronts in early Nov. Weird.
I agree. I seriously doubt we see anything stick. I really don’t see any guidance currently predicting anything at all for Chattanooga and east from from there. Maybe the Euro had a half an inch. But I’m not sure it accounts for melting.

Good luck y'all
snku_acc.us_ov.png

Yeah it somehow miraculously snows 1 inch in Chattanooga, but whiffs on the plateau... lol I wonder what CHA's sounding are.

That'll be the day lol.

Verbatim this run there is a narrow window for accumulating snow at the tail end. Soundings are decent but only for a short period.
@28 we have plenty of lift, however the DGZ is kinda dry.
@29 we are pretty much saturated, however the lift has quickly faded.

nam3km_2019121000_fh28_sounding_35.04N_85.20W.png

nam3km_2019121000_fh29_sounding_35.04N_85.20W.png

Waiting on the gfs amd euro fo end this miserable fluke

That'll be the day lol.

Verbatim this run there is a narrow window for accumulating snow at the tail end. Soundings are decent but only for a short period.
@28 we have plenty of lift, however the DGZ is kinda dry.
@29 we are pretty much saturated, however the lift has quickly faded.

nam3km_2019121000_fh28_sounding_35.04N_85.20W.png

nam3km_2019121000_fh29_sounding_35.04N_85.20W.png
thx cyclo....

not impressed here, looks like the rain is gonna clear out ahead of schedule(again...)

Back