• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 10-11th winter potential

This was the 18z
GEFSSE_prec_snens_084.png

Well the NAM keeps trying to inch that snow line down close into the NW corner of GA let's all hope that continues to maybe squeeze our some love for a few other southerners

Well the NAM keeps trying to inch that snow line down close into the NW corner of GA let's all hope that continues to maybe squeeze our some love for a few other southerners
Yes keep it going south

WPC has the best snow odds from Nashville TN north eastward for 1” or more. They also have the TN/GA border area with decent odds of freezing rain. Check their site out if your wondering what the NWS will do next. They use it as guidance for any advisories or watches. Odds will go up closer to the event.

I think up to an inch or so @ 1,750' and above for the Plateau in AL and TN is legit. Maybe 1-1.5" for Crossville northward. For most of us in the lowers in TN and bordering states to the south, a dusting to 1/4" of sleet/snow at the tail end is about all we can ask for with this type of setup.

Looks pretty good is this reliable though the model ?

Don’t forget the tropical tidbits snow maps are honestly absolute TRASH. It’s the only part of the site I can’t stand. So that is very misleading. I really wish he would change them. I’ve seen those tropical tidbits snow maps in so many weather hyping posts across social media.

Pivotal Weather has Kuchera snow maps which are much much better. And much more realistic. We aren’t going to see widespread 5+ inches.
3km is even more conservative than this. That’s a Red flag and likely means this may even be overdone.
F31E38E3-09E4-468A-8182-BE7290544B32.gif

0z gfs has central MS in the game now and almost central Al. Snow line creeping south. Gefs should be good.

Last edited:
Don’t forget the tropical tidbits snow maps are honestly absolute TRASH. It’s the only part of the site I can’t stand. So that is very misleading. I really wish he would change them. I’ve seen those tropical tidbits snow maps in so many weather hyping posts across social media.

Pivotal Weather has Kuchera snow maps which are much much better. And much more realistic. We aren’t going to see widespread 5+ inches.
3km is even more conservative than this. That’s a Red flag and likely means this may even be overdone.
View attachment 27532

somehow I don't see that 3.5 just to my east verifying

Back