• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 10-11th winter potential

Nashville is getting the shaft hard this afternoon. Dry air just eats the heck out of any snow that tries to push in from the West.

Nashville is getting the shaft hard this afternoon. Dry air just eats the heck out of any snow that tries to push in from the West.
Yep the gfs busted on this one. Temp has been at 34-35 all day with light and I mean very light snow pellets.If not for the dry air we could have at least got around an inch or so north of Nashville. I’m probably not even going to look at the gfs anymore as it seems even worse then before the upgrade. It had a consistent clown map of 5-6 inches when all other models were forcasting a half to one inch of snow for this event. The gfs is utter garbage!!

Well it's not much but apparently the system has held together enough to have Special Weather statements/Hazardous weather outlooks for parts of North/North-West GA even down to areas like Paulding County and Cobb so it's over-performing compared to models for our neck of woods.

now it's trying to switch back to snow.. lol This is going to drive me batty.

Looks like your fighting some warm layers all the way up through 700mb, when it switches to snow your probably going to a isothermal/layer that’s mostly 0C from 950-700mb, just a little nudge of that into positive territory easily changes you back to sleet

Back