• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Here's an FV3 map through hour 78 that appears to better pickup on the areas that see snow. Not bad. It's one of the colder models but may be too cold too, we will need to see how well it actually verifies.
fv3-gfs_2018-12-06-12Z_078_37.816_277.373_33.551_285.602_Snowfall_36_highways_cities.png

I hope Hendersonville N.C. has some snow on the ground mid morning Sunday. That’s when I’ll take my kiddos to play

Not to be rude but Hooterville is projected to have a foot plus on the ground and mid morning Sunday is the height of the storm. Are seriously going to try and drive up the mountain then? Or are you staying up there?

Here's an FV3 map through hour 78 that appears to better pickup on the areas that see snow. Not bad. It's one of the colder models but may be too cold too, we will need to see how well it actually verifies.
fv3-gfs_2018-12-06-12Z_078_37.816_277.373_33.551_285.602_Snowfall_36_highways_cities.png

Is that the Kuchera map?

Is that the Kuchera map?

No it's just based off the standard 10:1 ratios so I would cut those totals in half to account for various factors like mixing and lower ratios but it matches up better with soundings from what I've seen. I haven't been able to find a Kuchera map for the FV3 but there may be some out there on paid sites.

I get lollipop’d with 18”!.. so we trade one sh** model for another sh** model. Honestly it’s doing a decent job of sniffing I85 in the upstate although the high/low total fringe should be moved another 25 miles north of where it is now. And totals should be cut by a factor of 4

No it's just based off the standard 10:1 ratios so I would cut those totals in half to account for various factors like mixing and lower ratios but it matches up better with soundings from what I've seen. I haven't been able to find a Kuchera map for the FV3 but there may be some out there on paid sites.
Pivotal Weather has one it just takes forever for it to come out...

Back