• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

fv3p_asnow_eus_14.png

Garbage clown map
At what point do we give it credit and it may be sniffing out the Cad. Also I know NEGa Won’t be snow

Thats not the same hour you posted above...

Tidbits maps are designed to read the lowest and highest pressure within the grid that is viewed. With a regional view like I showed it pulled the lowest pressure in that grid in SE Tennessee but the actual low pressure is down in the Georgia area. It has been consistent with that track.

This has been the weenie map of the storm. Would be nice to know what this is based on.

As has been covered for days, the Tidbits algorithim is quite flawed and doesn't match up with what the FV3 is actually depicting as snow. Honestly until this issue is fixed, the FV3 maps shouldn't even be posted (in my opinion) because they are so misleading and not representative of what the model is actually showing...

As has been covered for days, the Tidbits algorithim is quite flawed and doesn't match up with what the FV3 is actually depicting as snow. Honestly until this issue is fixed, the FV3 maps shouldn't even be posted (in my opinion) because they are so misleading and not representative of what the model is actually showing...
Ok. I do remember reading something on it and seems like the issue was possibly wrong temp estimates?

Glad I cashed out with the FV3 run last night. This one is gone. NW trend is real. Hopefully, the mountains and foothills still get a nice front end thump.

Ok. I do remember reading something on it and seems like the issue was possibly wrong temp estimates?

Yeah basically the way Tidbits determines what p-type is falling is pretty flawed and doesn't look at the entire column. So if an area is 33-34 at the surface and 850s are fairly close to 0C but above it it will show that as "snow" on the accumulation map even though it would be rain or at best sleet falling.

Back